STORE MANAGER - Start training in May, Full-time by end of JUNE
ABOUT OUR STORE:
We are a 4000sq ft family owed pet supply store with a focus on having the best customer service in the industry! We carry natural healthy products which make is easy to sell and talk about with the added joy of knowing you are helping pets live their best life. Although we are a small business, we pride ourselves in running it with excellence in management and organization. We also pride ourselves on taking COVID precautions seriously to keep our staff & customers safe!
ABOUT THE POSITION:We are looking for a store manager who can start by training part time this May and transition to full time manager end of June. We have an excellent manager that is relocating but will offer great hands on training for this great opportunity! Hands on training and assistance from owners will also be provided.
ABOUT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Below is a general list of some of the full-time manager’s responsibilities. These are responsibilities that you will train to take over within a few months with day to day contact with owner for assistance. This list in not inclusive of all responsibilities.
- Inventory management including ordering. receiving, returns, short dated, etc.
- Management of staff tasks and perform reviews
- Sales meetings with staff and implementing and motivating staff to use sales techniques
- Purchasing and reviewing distributor promotions
- Assist owner with hiring and training of new staff
- Merchandise management of displays and store layout
- Assist owner with instore sales ideas and management
- Customer interaction and one on one sales with the consumer when needed
- Assist at counter with register when other staff is busy
- Provide excellent customer service with a smile to be heard in everything you say
ABOUT THE BEST PART:
- Minimum 2 years of managerial or assistant managerial experience in retail.
- High school diploma required; college education preferred
- Demonstrates leadership and integrity with experience managing a staff of 4+ team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong merchandising and visual skills
- Excellent organization skills; able to plan and execute tasks efficiently
- Proactive and creative problem-solving ability
- Flexible and adaptable with a "can do" attitude
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays as needed
- Proficient in receiving inventory into a POS a plus
- Experience with Social Media a plus
The best part of working in our store is the excitement and joy! Here are some examples!
- The pets that come to visit!!! Wagging their tail thanking you for your help and knowing that you are helping them live a longer healthier life!
- The feeling when you have a customer come back to personally thank you for helping their pet finally eat a food that agrees with them!
- The feeling you get when you help a new pet owner find all the fun new toys and treats that they are going to spoil their pet with.
- The feeling you get from our happy customers as they walk in and talk to you like you are a friend not just a worker bee.
- The excitement in seeing the newest products and often getting free samples!
- The sense of community you feel as you learn the customers and even their pets name and the goofy things their pet does. Because they will tell you LOL
- The feeling of camaraderie among staff and the enjoyment we all share in loving animals.
- The feeling when the owner brings you your favorite cupcake and bottle of wine just to say thank you! We love spoiling and appreciating our staff!
Apply now to experience a company and customers that leave you fulfilled!We look forward to seeing your application to join our team/family!
HOURS: May include weekends while training but once full time will be M-F day shift hours. We do expect you to pick up weekend shifts if there is staff shortage which is rare.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter