We Are Hiring!
Want a job where you enjoy what you do, and the managers appreciate you and take employee safety seriously? A place where you can get a great employee discount on pet stuff? Then apply with us!
We are a locally owned 4,000 sq ft pet specialty pet supply store in north Tampa/Lutz area with a rewarding and fun atmosphere. The staff and customers are always happy here at The Hound's Meow!
The Hound's Meow is looking for a few new part-time retail employees. We are looking to fill one position for 15hrs per week (weekend availability a MUST). Please only apply if you are looking to stay at this job for at least 1+ years. Be prepared that your schedule may include Saturdays and Sundays. Schedule will most likely be 3 days during the week (Mon - Sun) and at least one Saturday or Sunday every week.
Ideal candidates have experience as a retail sales associate, pet store associate, retail sales advisor, retail sales consultant, pet sitter, doggy daycare, animal care attendant, veterinary kennel technicians.
Applicant must be:
Responsible & reliable
Cheerful & outgoing
Interested in staying busy
Great with details
Adept at learning facts and repeating them
Able to lift 40lbs and put-up orders that have multiple bags of food.
A big animal lover!
Stocking of shelves, checking in orders, putting up orders
Carrying out customer's bags
Pet nutrition guidance (which will require that you are willing to learn a lot of facts)
Some paper filing
We ask that you please do not call the store because we do not want to tie up the store number.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: We are taking COVID-19 and our employee and customer safety very seriously! We have strict protocols on the sharing of computers, cash handling, customer interactions, & high touch areas. We also encourage staff to wear a mask and update our policies depending on cases in our area.
1.Please describe your personality in 4 words.
2. Do you own any pets? If yes, tell us about them.
3. Do you have any retail experience? If yes, please explain.
4. Do you have reliable transportation to work? Keep in mind we are not located near any bus stops and this position is for closing at night on occasion.
5. How long would you be interested in keeping this job?
6. If given a lot of notice for special occasions, can you work on days that you normally are not available to work?
7. Do you live within a 25min drive from our location? If not, are you willing to relocate?
8. Are you able to easily memorize and repeat information to sell products? Give me an example of why you think you would be good at this.
9.What is the min and max amount of hours per week you are looking for.
10.What days and times are you available to work.
11. Please list your name and a phone number where you can be contacted.
TO APPLY please email answers to the questions above at Info@houndsmeow.com
Please do not call the store as we do not want the store phone busy.